Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday, hands down. It has everything a holiday should, and nothing it shouldn't -- you get food, a day off, more food, time with family, and glorious leftovers without having to buy a single gift, send a card, or decorate. So I like it because it's probably the least-commercialized of the "major" holidays. But mainly the food.
That said, here are a few ways you can use your library to make the most of your Thanksgiving holiday:
- How to Cook a Turkey: and All the Other Trimmings -- Get the basics down first...
- The Healthy Hedonist Holidays -- ...unless you're doing something different. This is "a year of multicultural, vegetarian-friendly holiday feasts."
- Thanksgiving: the Biography of an American Holiday -- Get some background information about this uniquely American holiday's fascinating history.
- Thanksgiving: the True Story -- Don't forget something to read to the kids.
- A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving -- Finally, get something to watch...
- I Love Coffee! -- while you enjoy your after-dinner coffee.